TN Time

A "city girl" meets country living.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Farm Stunts

Jerry & I love to name stuff, that is ... give inanimate objects names. My car is C.C. (Chevy Cavalier), Jer's truck is Austen (I once called it ostentatious), we named our land Bountiful (although products from it will be sold as Bubba's Bounty), and our utility wagon is Brownie (well, it is brown).

I was rolling Brownie down our hilly side yard yesterday after a HARD day of driveway fixing (barely made a dent!) and tree planting (2 cherry trees, 2 apple trees ... oh yeah!). Now, the wagon's got some weight to it, so it started pushing me faster down the slope and things soon got outta control. I knew I was gonna fall, so when I hit and saw Brownie barreling down on me, I started rolling (I wanted to write James Bond style, but Jer said it looked more like Jackie Chan ... who is also cool) and narrowly avoided skeletal rearrangement. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment